PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor! The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. Get mentored while gaining hands-on experience teaching students.
To take this course, you must be:
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives.
- A certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
THE LEARNING MATERIALS YOU NEED
The PADI IDC Crewpak includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course. The items pack includes:
- Instructor Cue Cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster).
- IDC Guide In Teaching Manual & other related reference materials.
- Lesson Planning Slates for Confined and Open Water.
- Quiz and Exam Booklets for Core Courses.
- Specialty Outlines for Project AWARE.
WHAT YOU LEARN
You build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. You learn through:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations.
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations.
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations.
THE PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE CONSISTS OF THESE SECTIONS:
Section 1: Academic Training:
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Programs.
- Developing Knowledge Development Presentations.
- Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialties.
- Teaching in Confined Water.
- Conducting Open Water Training Presentations.
- Knowledge Development. Standards & Theory Examination.
Section 2: Practical Training:
- Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations.
- Dive Rescue Skills Assessment.