The underwater world needs heroes. You can be one of them by championing the causes of the world’s most fragile and important aquatic ecosystems.
The Fun Part
You can make a difference!!!
Learn about some of the most pressing problems facing these vulnerable environments and everyday actions you can take to help conserve them. It’s informative, interesting and most importantly, you learn how to make a difference.
What You Learn
Project AWARE Foundation is the scuba diving industry’s leading nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to conserving the aquatic environment through education, advocacy and action. Besides completing the Project AWARE Specialty course, you can become a partner in the efforts to preserve the underwater environment.
You learn about:
1. The ocean commons and coastal zone issues
2. Fisheries challenges and sustainability
3. Coral environment overview and inhabitants
4. The role of the scuba diver in protecting aquatic environments
Your Next Adventure
If you are interested in becoming an underwater conservationist, you’ll also enjoy these specialty courses:
1. AWARE Fish Identification
2. Coral Reef Conservation
3. Underwater Naturalist
4. Peak Performance Buoyancy
5. Digital Underwater Photography
6. Underwater Videographer