PADI DIVER PROPULSION VEHICLE
DPVs offer a thrilling way to see a lot of underwater territory in a brief amount of time. They scoot you through the water without kicking. Whether making a shore dive or diving from a boat, a DPV is a great way to see more and have a blast doing it.
THE FUN PART
Fun? Underwater scooters (DPVs) are a kick! It’s all fun.
WHAT YOU LEARN
- Diver propulsion vehicle dive planning organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards.
- Equipment considerations.
- Diver etiquette and how to avoid harming fragile aquatic life.
- Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas.
- Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives.
- Locate basic boat safety equipment.
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
DPVs can come in handy when wreck diving because they let you tour more of the wreck, plus reduce your air consumption. You may want to consider the PADI Wreck Diver course while working your way to Master Scuba Diver.