PADI TecRec Deep Instructors play a pivotal role in advancing deep exploration by molding the next generation of Tec divers. Upon achieving this esteemed rating, you gain the ability to lead Discover Tec programs and instruct Tec 40, Tec 45, and Tec 50 Diver courses.
PADI TECREC INSTRUCTOR COURSE
To embark on the journey of becoming a PADI Tec Instructor, you must fulfill the following prerequisites:
1. Hold a valid PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor renewal (or possess a higher PADI Instructor rating).
2. Be a certified PADI Enriched Air Diver or hold an equivalent qualification from another reputable training organization. This entails expertise in enriched air nitrox diving, encompassing gas analysis, cylinder labeling, oxygen toxicity, exposure considerations, depth limits, and planning dives with various enriched air blends.
3. Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor or have successfully completed the PADI Enriched Air Instructor training.
4. Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor or have successfully completed the PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor training.
5. Accumulate a minimum of 100 logged dives, including at least 20 dives with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives exceeding 18 meters/60 feet, and at least 15 dives deeper than 30 meters/100 feet.
Upon successful completion of the DSAT Tec Instructor training course, before submitting your application to PADI, you must additionally meet the following criteria:
– Hold a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating.
– Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
– Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
– Hold certification as a DSAT Tec 45 Diver or possess an equivalent qualification from another reputable training organization.
– Have a minimum of 20 stage decompression dives.
– Successfully pass the Tec Instructor Exam.
Submission of your application to PADI may require supporting documentation, such as photocopies of certifications and qualifications, log entry copies or printouts specifying dates, depths, locations, times, and gases used. Signatures from witnesses (divers and course instructors) must provide verification.
PADI TECREC DEEP INSTRUCTOR COURSE
To enroll in a TecRec Deep Instructor course, the prerequisites are as follows:
– Be a renewed PADI Instructor.
– Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver.
– Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor or have completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor course.
– Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor or have completed a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor course.
– Accumulate a minimum of 100 logged dives, including at least 20 enriched air dives, 25 dives deeper than 18 meters/60 feet, and 15 dives deeper than 30 meters/100 feet.
Before submitting your Tec Deep Instructor application, you must also:
– Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
– Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
– Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor.
– Be a Tec 50 Diver.
– Have assisted with at least one Tec 50 Diver course or one Tec 45 Diver course.
– Accumulate a minimum of 270 dives, including at least 25 stage decompression dives deeper than 40 meters/130 feet.
– Have certified a total of 10 or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers.
– Successfully complete the Tec Deep Instructor course exams.
– Meet a peer review waterskill requirement.
For those not yet certified as Tec divers, the PADI TecRec Diver Course offers a comprehensive introduction. The course ensures a solid understanding of the knowledge and skills required for technical deep diving. As you progress, practical application and open water teaching segments become integral components. Your Tec Deep Instructor Trainer will guide you through organizational and marketing considerations for TecRec courses.